Recently, my wife and I took a trip down to Florida to visit our family. Logan and his wife were kind enough to let us stay for a while, and in return, we provided the provisions. We were able to make a fantastic meal almost every night. So instead of my normal long, drawn out, and overly wordy description of every single dish (since there were many). I’ll simply write out the menu, in no particular order, and leave you to salivate. Bon appetit!
1. Pizza of San Marzano tomatoes, basil, bufula mozzarella, woodear mushrooms, garlic, and proscuitto di parma.
2. Guacamole with fresh Haas avocados, garlic, heirloom tomatoes, lime, and cilantro.
3. Lobster risotto (thanks to Mr. Nielsen) fresh Florida lobsters, shallots, and fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
4. Lobster tempura with sautéed shitake mushrooms, fresh chives, in a creamy spicy sauce. Paired with fresh tempura battered Haas avocados with a homemade ponzu.
5. Roast duck over rice, scallions, sautéed shitake mushrooms, and soy sauce.
6. Roast rack of lamb with a red wine and fig reduction. Served over a crimini mushroom risotto, and white truffle cream.
7. Bison burgers topped with applewood smoked bacon, muenster cheese, Haas avocado, heirloom tomatoes, garlic aioli, and stone ground mustard. Served with Kristone’s famous potato salad, with scallions, aioli, and garlic.